Thursday, 19 January 2017

Fisherman's Cowl !

Firstly - as you will have gathered I am amazingly privileged to live in a tiny hamlet in the heart of the Cranborne Chase which is an area of outstanding beauty with breathtaking rolling hills, lush green valleys and an abundance of wildlife, flora and fauna.  We were out walking at the weekend (one of our favourite hobbies) not far from home - actually in a little valley called Tinkley Bottom, and Phillip spotted this.  We have another one we found not from from this spot a couple of years ago which is bigger but this one is almost perfect for mounting on some oak as a jewellery stand - I haven't decided what to do with it yet, I may mount both of them for our new orangery if when it gets finished.

Below photo is the well known (by any regular blog reader) Fisherman's cowl. The colour is really gorgeous in real life and was requested by my good friend Carol.  They only take a few hours to knit up and as I love cable it was a joy to do. I bought two balls of the wool and am half way through another one that will match my everyday walking coat perfectly.  In this jolly cold weather the cowls are really warm and snug around your neck without making too much bulk in your coat. 



Counting down to my trip to Hansons... only two more sleeps !

No comments:

Post a Comment